Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Heartburn And Hurt Murmurs

who drinks only water, has something to hide.


Catania March 31, 2010
"Hey hello! Oh how time no see! How are you?
"Well, well ... and you?"
"Everything ok"
"I do not have much time now, but let us feel ... maybe we take a coffee together."

How many times have you go out and meet a friend, maybe someone you have not seen for a long time, wanting to stop and talk but watch the clock and note those who are organizing themselves to come out and bury it for good, just to be more incisive in to remind you that you are late?
In stramaledettissimo late!

I hate these meetings.
These meetings are bad for humanity.
I know that you think are exaggerated. But it is not, I swear.

I will explain.

When you meet somebody please stop a moment to give a greeting. And 'Please do not make the least self-centered and ask how she is.
That which is too fast (today we are all in a hurry), she knows she can stay in a pleasant conversation with you. Or if not in a hurry felt the rush you got you and he has also noticed the armed uprising of the hands of your watch (one out of two is always in a hurry today. If you live in Milan two up two people always in a hurry).

That said, not to set out into lengthy conversations tend to infinity and beyond (in the words of Buzz Light year) humans make it an extraordinary simplification of answers.

"How are you?"
"Well, Well"

"How are you?"
"Not bad"

"How are you?"
"Everything ok"

It 'clear that respond differently if a conversation would suffer a considerable time dilation and impossible to manage without the attitude to riot hands. It is not one that usually goes around in riot gear. So, whenever you meet someone, that will answer that he is well and you you'll leave thinking that he is well and you do not. That he has a happy life and you do not. If the weather is a bit 'less tyrant and his friend you will be able to exchange a few more words.

It will be worse.

Because if one has a little 'more time, but not enough, however, will operate a trivialization of the responses tending always positive.
The debate goes something like this:

"How are you?"
"Well good. "
"What you tell me again?"
"I'm married, I have a beautiful little girl and little work in an insurance company."
"And you?"
"Not bad, I started studying again, I see myself with someone and will soon return home."
'Well,' he was pleased to meet you. I must be off I have to go get the girl, you know ... it's from my mother "
"He has done so much pleasure to me, maybe one of these days we take a coffee
" Leave your number I do not have more "
" ** 349 ** *** "
" I'll call you this week "

This conversation actually occurred a few days ago between me and an old colleague, I was left with the bitter consideration that she had a good life, a wedding, a daughter, while I work ... none of that! Not that I want to marry me, or have a daughter, at least not now. Well ... maybe a job, even now.

Fortunately, this conversation yesterday he had "nice" developments.

Driiiiin
"Hello?"
"Hey, hello Silvia, I M. bother you? "
" No, what a pleasure to hear you! "
" I would call you for that coffee, remember? "
"Of course! Where are you? "
" I'm in the center "
" you reach "

And here's how the conversation went, without the tyranny of time, without 'clock with the hands ready to bloody revolution

"So, how are you?"
"Well ... I said ... I have this beautiful little girl, three years only Lately, I've worried about "
"Why?"
"I do not know, when do the colors, to paint, always use black ... maybe you, who have studied psychology, you could help me understand something more ..."
"Maybe there's something wrong. In family okay? "
" What family? We live by themselves! "
" And your husband? "
" We broke up a year ago, a wedding like shit, always arguing. And even now we can not to agree on virtually nothing "
" And your new job I say? "
" Work? What a big word! That is slavery. They pay me € 800 for eight hours. No holiday. No permits. If your child has a fever, becomes a tragedy! Come on ... never mind, rather talk about you, I felt I had great news! You said that you started studying again, you're going to move house and have a new relationship ... "
" return home early and resume studying for me from the house and fired me I can not afford "
" Ouch, sorry. Okay come on, you have a new boyfriend, but ... "
" Boyfriend? Bah do not call it so ... "
" And how would you define it? "
New do not know what "
"Ah ..."
"Sir, excuse me, what I bring? Coffee, cappuccino? "
" We also harbors a bottle of Jack. And two glasses. Without ice, however !!!".

I hate fleeting encounters. I hate the "good good" hypocrites. And just because they often lose the hypocrisy is not the person who says "good good". Because if one is held hostage by the time you can not say "bad bad" then the time to explain why everything is going "badly wrong" does not have it.
"Ask anyone to tell her story. If there's one who has not cursed his life many times, that has not often believed to be the most unhappy of men, throw me into the sea upside down " wisely said Voltaire. And I knew that would not be drowned, for nobody would have dared to throw into the sea upside down. Except that Voltaire had not considered the factor T, and assumed that everyone had enough time to tell their story.

That's fleeting encounters are bad for humanity, that you let the friend who has done the appearance of a ghost and scared as you go if I had really seen the ghost . Yes, the ghost of happiness not yours.

Therefore, behold, tomorrow I meet people who will not stay bad if I stop on a thin "hello", if not ask him how he is. And if you do not have time to stop for a coffee that I did not even ask him how I feel. Then it ends up that goes to a bar alone and calls for just a glass of water (and, if he is not coming gastritis psychosomatic than a coffee).

And everybody knows that who drinks only water has something to hide (cited C. Baudelaire).


Silvia.


0 comments:

Post a Comment